Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Love in the Time of Cholera

I've never actually read the book before, it's just the first thing that popped into mind as I was thinking of a title for this post.  I don't really do literary reviews, mostly because I don't read what would qualify as "literature"... I tend to read the mental equivalent of cotton candy.  Hunger Games, anyone?

Anyways, what I should have called this post is "Productivity in the Time of Depression".  You see, I, along a large percentage of human beings, suffer from depression.  I wouldn't call it severe, but I do take medications and it does get worse at times.  Lately, I've felt my mood slipping back down the crapper.  That's what inspired me to dig my blog back up again... somehow, feeling productive helps me keep my head above water when I can feel depression creeping back in again.  That is, on days when I feel like I can get out of bed.

A lot of artistic and creative-genius type people were also depressives.  Many of my favorite writers and thinkers experienced the same moods that I do and managed to produce ideas and works that were beautiful and significant.  I'm planning on working on brushing up my graphic design skills (which are minimal) so that I can be productive, even on days when I don't want to leave the couch.  So, stay tuned for Megan's Struggles in Graphic Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS